Neck Lift Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
NECK LIFT IN MONTREAL, QUEBEC AND OTTAWA
TRUST YOUR FACE TO A WORLD EXPERT …
Dr. Doumit is an internationally recognized leader in facial surgery. He has authored few plastic surgery textbook chapters and articles on facial surgery. He has also been invited to give numerous lectures, panel lectures and teaching courses in the U.S. and Europe. He currently chairs a major facial surgery course in the United States biannually. Dr. Doumit is currently vice president education of the ASMS.
WHAT IS A NECK LIFT?
A neck lift improves the appearance of the neck by offering a slicker and trim contour of the skin under the chin and neck area. Skin in the neck area often loses elasticity as a result of aging, and improving neck contour not only provides a more youthful appearance but it is also associated with health and vitality.
Dr. Doumit disposes of a variety and LATEST INNOVATIONS of neck lift procedures, for both men and women, and other complementary cosmetic procedures that will rejuvenate the overall appearance of the neck and offer a more vibrant look.
J'ai eu récemment affaire au Dr. Doumit et à son équipe pour un lifting du cou. J'ai été satisfaite sur toute la ligne: qualité de l'intervention et du résultat; professionnalisme de son équipe, courtoisie du personnel,etc. Le docteur Doumit est extrêmement gentil, disponible,honnête et donne toujours l'heure juste, quitte à refuser une intervention. Ses tarifs sont raisonnables en comparaison avec de nombreuses cliniques auprès desquelles j'avais effectué des démarches. (j'ai consulté au moins six autres chirurgiens).Grand spécialiste du visage il m'a semblé tout indiqué pour l'intervention que je recherchais. Je ne souhaitais pas de mini-lift mais bien d'une simple intervention au cou, ce que plusieurs autres médecins refusent, préférant y aller d'un lifting . Le résultat est parfait. Le suivi post-opératoire est également très bien assuré. Je le recommanderais à mes meilleurs amis!!!
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR A NECK LIFT?
Signs of aging in the neck area often result from the accumulation of loose skin, muscle and some excess fat that combine together to form the “turkey gobbler.” If this is the only area that is a cause for concern and that you wish to get treatment for, therefore not the entire face, then a neck lift surgery is right for you. Typically, a neck lift is performed on patients between 30 and 70 years of age who feel the need to improve their neck contour.
Good candidates for neck lift surgery usually include:
- Individuals with excess skin under the chin and neck area that has decreased elasticity
- Individuals with excess fat under the chin and neck area
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that compromise healing or increase risk of surgery.
For a neck lift through a chin incision, better skin quality is often correlated with a better degree of profile improvement. Consequently, good candidates for a neck lift through a chin incision include:
- Individuals who are young or middle-aged
- Individuals with minimal, mild or moderate skin excess
- Individuals with mild to moderate subplatysmal fat.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR A NECK LIFT?
Good preparation for your neck lift surgery involves discussing important points about your health, lifestyle and expectations with Dr. Doumit at his clinic. He will be better informed to assess your overall health and any potential health problems that might compromise the results or risk factors that might play a certain role in ascertaining your safety during the whole process.
To ensure the most favourable outcome from your neck lift procedure, be prepared to talk about:
· Why you want the surgery, your expectations and desired outome
· Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
· Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
· Previous surgeries.
Dr. Doumit may also:
· Explain to you the different neck lift procedure possibilities to help you take the best decision
· Assess your face and document the dimensions
· Take pictures for your medical record
· Talk about your options for the different neck lift procedures and propose a treatment plan
· Discuss expected results outcomes of a neck lift, with the potential risk factors and complications of the procedure.
HOW IS A NECK LIFT PERFORMED?
Dr. Doumit offers and performs a variety of different neck lift procedures, each of which is highly tailored to your individual needs, wishes and goals:
1. An incision is made behind the ear with small extension when necessary in front of the ear. An incision under the chin is also occasionally performed when the patient has platysmal band. The skin of the neck is fully undermined. A corset platysmaplasty is performed. The platysma muscles are also tightened on the sides. Excess skin of the neck is removed at the incision site behind the ear. The skin incisions are closed and dressing is applied.
2. Another option is to create an incision under the chin without removing any skin and without having to do an incision in front of the ear. In this method, skin is tightened automatically by the release of the neck skin from the muscles underneath and allowing it to contract by itself. By the same token, the platysma muscle is also tightened (corset platysmaplasty) through the chin incision.
3. This alternative is preferred for elderly people: A zig-zag incision is made under the chin and skin is removed directly from there, without making an incision in front of behind the ear. The complexity of the operation is greatly reduced by this method.
WHAT RESULTS CAN I EXPECT?
The effects of the neck lift are easily perceivable immediately after surgery and even more so in the following months when the minor swelling subsides and end results are apparent. Results are generally long lasting, and since this procedure uses a minimally invasive approach, scars are often very small in properly selected patients.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN RECOVERY?
Recovering from a neck lift procedure will take time, and it is important that you remain patient through the whole process. It usually takes people no more than 7 to 14 days to return to work but at least 3 weeks to resume physical activities such as sports or other forms of exercise.
Dr. Doumit might also recommend you to wear a medical compression bandage to help reduce post-operative swelling. This bandage is usually worn both night and day for a minimum of 5 days and usually no more than 7 days followed by a longer period of time where it is worn at night only. Following the instructions that Dr. Doumit will give you is key in ensuring proper recovery.
Before & After Photos
* Disclaimer: Those pictures represent real patients operated by Dr. Doumit. However, Patients results undergoing plastic surgery can vary from one to the other depending on multiple factors.
IS A NECK LIFT SAFE?
A neck lift is a minimally invasive procedure and therefore involves less risk than a more complex procedure such as a body lift. Nevertheless, it still carries some risk, as in any surgical procedure.
Possible complications from a neck lift procedure include:
· Swelling and ecchymosis that can last for several days
· Tightness, tingling or other sensations such as burning or pulling
· Numbness of the skin, which is normal in the first few weeks post-surgery
· Infection (You should contact your doctor at the first sign of fever or unusual discharge from the incision site.)
· Allergic reaction to medications given during the procedure or during post-operative care (very rare).
WHAT IS THE COST OF A NECK LIFT?
The cost of a neck lift varies according to the complexity of the surgery that needs to be performed. Costs of a neck lift under sedation usually vary between $4900 and $5900.